Microsoft has launched six free downloadable add-ons for Lync Server. As per the UC Group Team Blog, the new add-ons are:
- Tabbed Conversations (My favourite!)- Tabbed Conversations provides a tabbed conversation window to allow multiple instant messaging (IM) conversations in a single window.
- IM an Expert – IM an Expert is a social networking tool that helps the people in your organization who have questions find the people in your organization who have answers. IM an Expert parses the question to determine the topic area, finds topic area experts in its user-populated expert database, and forwards the question. A willing expert responds to the initial question and follow-up questions using Lync.
- Conversations Analyzer – Conversations Analyzer is an application that reviews your Lync instant messaging (IM) conversation history and gives you scores for your use of trust-building language in day-to-day communications with business associates and friends. Conversations Analyzer applies trust rules to determine the occurrence of words and phrases that have a positive or negative effect on trust.
- Conversation Translator – Conversation Translator provides a real-time language translation service for Lync instant messaging (IM) conversations in up to 35 different languages. With Conversation Translator, both the sender and receiver can converse in their native language and Conversation Translator handles the translation.
- Information Dashboard – Information Dashboard helps you start a conversation with a remote contact by providing current information about the contact’s location. For example, if you are calling a coworker or a client in Shanghai, China, you can open Information Dashboard and enter the location of Shanghai before making the call. Information Dashboard will return the day, date, time, whether you’re calling during regular working hours, the weather forecast, and a news feed of articles related to the location. Lync also saves these settings are for your contact, so it’s easy to access the same information the next time you talk.
- Group Chat Stress Tool – You can use the Group Chat Stress Tool to help verify your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat hardware deployment.