by Shijaz Abdulla
on 02.11.2013 at 23:11
5nine last month presented their Hyper-V security and management products at the Microsoft Cloud OS Launch event in Singapore.
At the time of this writing, 5nine software reportedly is the only vendor that delivers agentless/host-based security and management products for Windows Server and Hyper-V.
5nine Security for Hyper-V delivers a strong virtual machine separation and segmentation solution together with secure, multi-tenancy, agentless antivirus and antimalware technologies including an intrusion detection system. The complete product description is available on the company website at http://www.5nine.com/59SecurityDatacenter
The Beta version of NEW 5nine Cloud Security v4.0 provides full multi-tenant security, advanced user- and roles-based access, new LWF Hyper-V Switch extension, secure network virtualization/VM Security Groups, support of multiple antivirus engines and full use of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 SP1/R2 features. 5nine Cloud Security exists in both System Center VMM plug-in version and as a standalone application.
Read the whitepaper.
by Shijaz Abdulla
on 28.11.2009 at 18:24
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway has been released to market on November 16, 2009 after completing three beta releases and receiving extensive customer feedback.
You can download the trial version of Threat Management Gateway here.
From the Forefront TMG team’s blog:
“Forefront TMG is a Secure Web Gateway (SWG) that improves security enforcement by integrating multiple detection technologies such as URL filtering, Anti Malware, and intrusion prevention into a single, easy-to-manage solution. We have seen a lot of interest in the features that comprise this solution, so here is some information on what they do and how:
- URL Filtering: URL Filtering allows controlling end-user access to Web sites, protecting the organization by denying access to known malicious sites and to sites displaying inappropriate or nonproductive materials, based on URL categories. TMG features over 80 URL categories including security-oriented categories, productivity-oriented and liability-oriented categories. Forefront TMG uses Microsoft Reputation Services (MRS), a cloud-based categorization system hosted in Microsoft data center. To ensure the best bandwidth utilization and low latency, Forefront TMG has implemented a local URL cache. There is a lot more on URL Filtering available in an earlier URL Filtering post (on the TMG blog).
- Anti Malware: Stopping malware on the edge significantly decreases the possibility that a virus will hit a computer with anti-virus signatures that are not up-to-date or a test computer without an anti-virus to protect it. TMG has integrated the Microsoft Anti Malware engine to provide world class scanning and blocking capability on the edge.
- Network Inspection System (NIS): NIS is a generic application protocol decode-based traffic inspection system that uses signatures of known vulnerabilities, to detect and potentially block attacks on network resources. NIS provides comprehensive protection for Microsoft network vulnerabilities, researched and developed by the Microsoft Malware Protection Center – NIS Response Team, as well as an operational signature distribution channel which enables dynamic signature snapshot distribution. NIS closes the vulnerability window between vulnerability disclosures and patch deployment from weeks to few hours.
- In addition, HTTPS scanning has been introduced to enable inspection of encrypted sessions, eased the deployment and management with a set of easy to use wizards and significantly improved logging and reporting to provide full visibility into how your organization is accessing the web and whether it’s compliant with your organization’s policy.
- VPN, Firewall, Email Protection and Infrastructure.
Significant investments have been made to ensure that we keep delivering top notch VPN and Firewall functionality. We made quality improvements in Web Caching and made sure it works well with the new Windows 7 BranchCache feature. We have added several new features, among them: Email Protection, ISP redundancy, NAP integration with VPN role, SSTP, VoIP traversal (SIP support), Enhanced NAT, SQL logging and Updated TMG Client (previously known as the Firewall Client). In addition TMG was built as a native 64bit product that supports Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2, allowing better scalability and increased reliability.”
by Shijaz Abdulla
on 09.11.2009 at 21:50
[Source: Virus Bulletin – virusbtn.com]
Forefront is in pretty good shape here, especially when you compare it with McAfee, Symantec and the likes. Forefront also did well on the VB100 list, meaning it was able to detect 100% of the WildList malware samples without any false positives.