The next version of Windows was announced last week: Windows 10.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview is available for download.
- The Start Menu is back! But now with Live Tiles integrated.
- Search is available both on Start Menu and Start screen
- Store Apps can open in re-sizable (classic) windows with title bars.
- Task View button on taskbar helps you easily switch between your running apps
- Snapping windows is now more easier and intuitive
- You can save “desktops” which is a grouping of your screen layout with the windows you have opened and quickly switch between those “desktops”.
What is Technical Preview?
Tech Preview is the first pre-release build of Windows 10 – and the first instance of our new approach to software development and delivery. This first Tech Preview release focuses on businesses and the desktop. A mobile-focused version will release in early 2015.
Tech Preview is designed for PC experts and IT professionals who are comfortable downloading unfinished software, preferably on a secondary PC. The ultimate goal of Tech Preview is for IT pros to test the bits in their native environment and provide feedback via the Windows Feedback App and Windows Insider Program.
Download the Windows 10 Tech Preview today!