Day one of TechEd North America saw something very spectacular.
During Satya Nadella’s keynote were a series of fascinating demos – here are a few that I especially liked that you should not miss:
985,000 IOPS from a single Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V VM
- 4000 random IOs, Queue depth: 32, with 40 concurrent threads
- At the same time, VMware maxes out at just 300,000 IOPs per VM, VMware needs 6 virtual machines to achieve the same feat!
Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) – File copies of 1 GigaByte per second
- Yes, copy a 10 GB file in 10 seconds – ODX is a SAN technology that works with Windows Server 2012
Other notable demos during the keynote.
- Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual switch for Hyper-V
- Runbook Automation with Hyper-V replica using PowerShell
- Extending an on-premise private cloud to a service provider
- 64 virtual processors inside a single virtual machine!
Click here to watch the keynote!