Over the past few days I have been reviewing e-learning content on Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). I was amazed by the wealth of training content available on MVA for the Private Cloud.
So, what is MVA?
MVA is a fully cloud-based learning experience focusing on Microsoft Cloud Technologies. MVA provides its users with a virtual university experience: the student can select a track and study the material and then do the self-assessment. Students on MVA can get access to all the information, statistics and advancements of their training career, allowing them to maintain a long-term relationship with Microsoft. Learning through MVA is free of charge, and you can study the contents at any time and at your own pace.
Configuring and Deploying Microsoft’s Private Cloud
After completing this private cloud specialization, you will have an understanding of Microsoft’s vision for cloud computing, from the business perspective to the technical level. The 8 modules are divided into four core courses covering:
1. Private Cloud: Infrastructure Management
- Module 1: Configure and Deploy Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Module 2: Monitor and Operate Private Cloud Infrastructure
2. Private Cloud: Infrastructure Components
- Module 1: Configure and Deploy Infrastructure Components
- Module 2: Monitor and Operate Infrastructure Components
3. Private Cloud: Service Delivery and Automation
- Module 1:; Configure and Deploy Service Delivery & Automation
- Module 2: Monitor and Operate Service Delivery & Automation
4. Private Cloud: Application Services Management
- Module 1: Application Services Management, Configuration, & Deployment
- Module 2: Application Services Management, Operation, & Management
During the 8 modules of this specialization, you will be introduced to all the elements of building the Microsoft private cloud. You’ll learn how to optimize and deploy the private cloud starting at the infrastructure layer. You’ll also be introduced to advanced virtualization management features and the concept and implementation of the System Center’s private cloud application service model.
After completing all of the modules you will have an understanding of:
- How using Microsoft System Center 2012 can help you build, deploy and manage a private cloud infrastructure.
- How System Center 2012 incorporates tools to deploy, update, and manage applications within your private cloud.
- System Center 2012’s new abilities to deploy, update, and manage applications within your private cloud.
- How using new components of System Center 2012, specifically the Orchestrator and Service Manager components, enable you to deploy, update, and manage service offerings within your private cloud.
- How applications are deployed and managed in the Microsoft private cloud.
- How to use new capabilities in System Center 2012 to deploy your applications as services.
I highly recommend this training for all IT Pros as an excellent means of updating your skills and build your readiness to face new challenges as cloud computing evolves.