Nokia and Microsoft announced today in London announced plans to form a broad strategic partnership that would use their complementary strengths and expertise to create a new global mobile ecosystem.
The strategic partnership in a nutshell:
- Nokia to adopt Windows Phone 7 as its principal smartphone strategy, and help drive the future of Windows Phone 7.
- Bing to empower Nokia’s search services. Microsoft adCenter to provide search advertising services on Nokia’s phones.
- Both companies plan to combine assets and develop innovative mobile products on an unprecedented scale.
- Nokia maps to be integrated with Bing
- Microsoft development tools to be used to build solutions on Nokia Windows Phone 7 devices
- Nokia’s content & app store to be integrated with Windows Phone marketplace.
See the official press release.