This is a repost from the TMG Team Blog.
Microsoft® Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) got released on 23rd June 2010.
Microsoft® Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) introduces following new features and functionality to Forefront TMG 2010 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
- The new User Activity report displays the sites and site categories accessed by any user.
- All Forefront TMG reports have a new look and feel.
Enhancements to URL Filtering
- You can now allow users to override the access restriction on sites blocked by URL filtering. This allows for a more flexible web access policy, in that users can decide for themselves whether to access a blocked site. This is especially useful for websites that have been incorrectly categorized.
- You can now override the categorization of a URL on the enterprise level; the override is then effective for each enterprise-joined array.
- Denial notification pages can now be customized for your organization’s needs.
Enhanced Branch Office Support
- Collocation of Forefront TMG and a domain controller on the same server, which can help reduce the total cost of ownership at branch offices.
- When installed on a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1 simplifies the deployment of Branch Cache at the branch office, using Forefront TMG as the Hosted Cache server.
Support for publishing SharePoint 2010
- Forefront TMG SP1 supports secure publishing of SharePoint 2010.