If you’re trying to enable File Access in Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010, you might encounter the following error when you try to configure “File Access” from “Admin” menu.
Failed to enumerate domains
Please Check your permissions
Before we troubleshoot this problem, it’s important to understand how the File Access feature in UAG works. The File Access feature is dependent on the Computer Browser service. The Computer Browser service, as we all know, is used when we try to browse the network using “Network Neighborhood”, “My Network Places” or “Network”.
If the file servers are members of a domain, UAG computer has to be a member on that domain, or on a domain that has trust relationship with that domain.
To fix this error,
- Make sure that Network Discovery is enabled on the Internal network connection.
- Open Start > Admin Tools > Services.
- Make sure the Computer Browser service is not disabled.
- Make sure the Computer Browser service is set to Automatic and started.
- Open “Network” on the UAG computer, and see if you can browse other computers on the internal network. If not, troubleshoot accordingly. Once you are able to browse the other computers, then UAG File Access will also work.
If you’re still facing problems,
- take a look at the steps needed in mixed-mode domain environments.
- if there is a firewall between UAG and the file servers, look at this article