Results have just been announced from an IDC study on “Mission Critical Applications”. The survey gathered information from over 900 enterprise customers located across the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
I found the results very interesting, and they provide strong evidence to support the leadership of Microsoft’s platform.
- Windows Server has #1 server OS share (52.7%) for deployed mission-critical applications
- Windows Server and .NET are the #1 (54.1%) deployed application server
- .NET usage exceeds Java across all sizes of enterprises
- Windows Server is the #1 OS used (46%) by deployed mission critical Java applications
- SharePoint leads (over IBM WebSphere) as the #1 portal used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
- SQL Server leads (over Oracle) as the #1 database used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
- BizTalk Server leads (over Oracle) as the #1 process integration technology used by enterprises’ primary mission-critical application
- Microsoft leads as the #1 (58.6%) vendor for service oriented architectures
For more information, and to view the complete report, click here.