According to a June 2009 IDC report, partners with more than two Core Infrastructure competencies sign deals that are 68 percent larger than average, enjoy 28 percent higher revenue per employee, and realize longer engagements and faster revenue growth.
Now that’s what I call an interesting proposition! Calling all partners out there in Qatar with single competencies – contact me or your PAM to find out how to earn new competencies and advance your partnership with Microsoft. We’re here to help!
Surely by now you’ve heard of the rebranding of MSPP to the Microsoft Partner Network. We’ve added the following new competencies to the Microsoft Partner Program with effect from May 2010.
- Desktop Platform Competency: The Office Deployment specialization (within the IW Solutions Competency) and the Desktop Deployment Specialization (in Advanced Infrastructure Solutions) will merge.
- Products involved: Windows 7, MDOP, Microsoft Office, Windows Azure
- Identity & Security Competency: Consists of two specializations
- Infrastructure Security: Products involved – ADFS, Certificate Services, RMS, ILM, TMG (ISA Server)
- Identity and Secure Access: Products involved – Forefront Client Security, Forefront Server Security, TMG/ISA Server, UAG/IAG, Forefront Security Suite
- Server Platform Competency: The Active Directory & Storage specializations (both within the Advanced Infrastructure competency) will merge to form the Server Platform competency
- Products involved: Windows Server, Microsoft Virtualization solutions, Windows HPC server
- Systems Management Competency: The Systems Management specialization (within Advanced Infrastructure Solutions) will become a competency by itself.
- Products involved: System Center products – SCCM, SCOM, SCDPM, SCVMM, Virtualization
- Virtualization Competency: Brand new competency for partners specializing on Microsoft’s virtualization technologies. Some partners in Qatar have already achieved this competency, ICT being the first.
- Products involved: Windows Server (Hyper-V), MDOP (App-V, MED-V), SCVMM, SCE, Windows Azure.
For more information, login to the Microsoft Partner Network or contact your PAM/PTA at Microsoft.
About Shijaz Abdulla
Shijaz Abdulla is a Datacenter Technology Solutions Professional at Microsoft, based in Doha - Qatar and helping customers better manage their infrastructure using Microsoft technologies. He is a blogger and a technology enthusiast.