The public beta of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, part of Microsoft’s unified communications family, is now available. Exchange 2010 is the first server in a new generation of Microsoft server technology designed and developed to work on-premises and as an online service, and introduces a new integrated e-mail archive and features to reduce costs and improve the user experience.
New features in Exchange 2010:
- New Rights-Protected E-Mail Functionality with Active Directory RMS
- New Transport and Routing Functionality
- New Permissions Functionality
- New High Availability Functionality
- New Messaging Policy and Compliance Features
- New Outlook Web Access Features
- New Unified Messaging Features
- Web Management Interface
- New Exchange Core Store Functionality
- New Administration Functionality in the Exchange Management Console
- New Administration Functionality in the Exchange Management Shell
Download the beta today at: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010/en/us/trial-software.aspx
NOTE: Exchange Server 2003 is already out of mainstream support as of April 14. If you are running Exchange Server 2007, you should *really* consider upgrading!